Save the Date!!!
NORTH CONWAY NH -The 51st Annual Art in the Park returns to the south end of Schouler Park in North Conway Village, at the North Conway Community Center on Friday and Saturday, August 5th and 6th. The show runs from 10am to 5 pm on Saturday and 10am to 4 pm on Sunday.This two day art show is the signature event of the Mt. Washington Valley Arts Association (MWVAA). Fine artists and craftspeople from all over New England participate in this annual event.
The art show traditionally attracts visitors for the weekend who come to admire the talent of these artists and buy a treasure of their own. Approximately 50 regional artists will be represented in all media of painting, photography, sculpture and mixed media.
MOUNT WASHINGTON IS CALLING!
In its 23rd year, the purpose of Mount Washington Observatory’s Seek the Peak fundraiser is to raise money to sustain our educational and scientific programs. We need your help!
Fundraise: Register as an individual or part of a team, then share a link to your personal fundraising page with friends, family, and colleagues asking for donations to support your hike as well as the Observatory’s work in weather forecasting, research, and education. Your commitment to this event allows us to provide hikers like yourself with vital weather information to stay safe in the White Mountains.
Hike: Whether you participate as a team or individual, plan to summit Mount Washington, or visit other beautiful White Mountain vistas, or seek your own peak at home, rallying your supporters to donate in honor of your hiking challenge makes you a part of our vibrant Obs community.
Celebrate: After your hike, gather with fellow participants and Obs supporters for our Après Hike Party on Sat., July 15 at Great Glen Trails. Enjoy live music, food trucks, beer garden, and epic gear raffle. For friends and family not registered to hike, admission tickets will be available on our registration pages and for $10 at the door.
For the first time ever, individuals have the option to be matched with other participants of similar ability levels to complete a hike of their choosing together on July 15 with our Hike and Make Friends program. Join us to hike the trails of Mount Washington, NH, located on the White Mountain National Forest, or Seek Your Peak anywhere in the world.
NORTH CONWAY NH – Vaughan Community Services and The First Church of Christ, Congregational in North Conway present a day of delicious strawberry delights and free family fun! Summertime treats for the family.
Strawberry Smoothies, Strawberry Shortcake, Strawberries Dipped in Chocolate, Hotdogs and Chips.
FREE from 11am to 4pm: Music, Games, Strolling Magician, Display of Antique Cars/Wagons, and more.
Raffle, local crafters and a White Elephant Sale.
FREE CONCERT from 11 am to 4pm
Sunday, May 28th, 2023, our quintessential, New England village, and a highly visited resort destination plays host to the 33rd annual Wildquack Duck Race & Music Festival!
Continuing with tradition – admission to the event remains FREE!
This is an entire community family fun-filled day in the park with so much to do throughout the day
- music from local favorites Al Shafner/Dennis & Davey
- fair foods including BBQ, kettle corn, ice cream, lobster sandwiches … affordably priced
- silent auction … bid aften!
- kids’ games
- and so much more!
The day’s events start at 8 AM and the first Duck Race goes off at 1:45 PM.
Watch the “ever-growing” parade starting from the Covered Bridge at 1:30 PM. Have your picture taken with “Wildquack” the Jackson Area Chamber of Commerce Duck, visit local businesses and really enjoy this “ole” fashioned “Day in the Park”.
For more information, please call the office at (978) 580-0905
BARTLETT NH – The Red Parka Pub Challenge is held on the third Friday in March every year at Attitash Mountain Resort, located in Bartlett, New Hampshire. Limited to 175 racers. Entry fee $70 includes lift ticket, Challenge Cup hat, buffet featuring our signature pub favorites & discount beers.
- All registered racers get a full day lift ticket to Attitash and guaranteed two runs on the race course. Additionally, registered racers will receive a race hat and be eligible to win raffles. This is an age 21+ race.
- There will be an Awards Party in Ptarmigan’s Pub after the race. Unfortunately, we will not be able to offer the Racer’s Buffet this year. Ptarmigan’s will have full food service available.
- Registration closes at 11:59 PM on Wednesday, March 15. There will be a Bib Draw at 6 p.m. on Thursday, March 16 at the Red Parka Pub. The race fee is $100 to sign up on the day of.
- All proceeds from the race benefit the Eastern Slope Ski Club. There are no entry refunds.
- All racers must pick up their bib and sign an Attitash Waiver prior to the race. Registration is open 7:30am-8:30am.
- All registered racers can opt-in for the PledgeReg, which allows you to set up a personal fundraising page for ESSC.
- The two highest fundraisers at the close of registration on Wednesday, March 15 will be awarded Bib #1 & Bib #2 for Race Day.
- The #1 fundraiser will also be receive recognition and a prize at the outdoor awards ceremony after the race.
- A racer who raises over $500 will have their race fee waived.
- We will have a 50/50 raffle at the Bib Draw and raffles at the Awards Ceremony.
- Absolutely no alcohol is permitted on the race hill or at the bump. Alcohol is available to purchase at Ptarmigan’s Pub or the Cantina on the deck of the Attitash Lodge.
- M- Men – Top 32 will have run offs in finals – A & B Divisions
- W- Women **The Women’s Finals will be based strictly on the top 8 Women’s Qualifying times. Women will run against Women**
- MV- Vets 40-49 who have raced 3 times – Top 8 will have run off in finals
- ML- Men Local – mailing address in Mt Washington Valley (includes Fryeburg) top 8 will have runoff in finals
- Super Vets 50-59 who have raced 3 times – Top 2 will have run off in finals
- MVL- Men Vet 40-49 Local – prizes for top 3
- MVL50- Men Vet 50-59 Local – Prizes for top 3
- MVL60- Men Vet 60-69 Local – Prizes for top 3
- MV50- Men Vets 50-59 – Prizes for top 3
- MV60- Men Vets 60-69 – Prizes for top 3
- MV70- Men Vets 70+
NORTH CONWAY NH – The 11th annual Cupcake Battle will take place on Sunday, Feb. 26, at the North Conway Community Center, 78 Norcross Circle in North Conway Village. Bakers will square off in three categories (professional, home, and under 16) with a winner selected in each division. This is a fundraising event for Mount Washington Valley Promotions. Bakers must supply a minimum of 220 mini cupcakes, all the same flavor, and set up a display table for the duration of the event.
Attendees purchase a $12 ticket, allowing them to sample one cupcake from each baker and vote for a favorite in each category. Doors will open to the public at 1 p.m. and the tasting will run until 3:30 p.m., followed by awards. The winner in the professional category receives a $350 cash award, while the top Home baker earns $150 and the under 16 winner $50.
For full details, contact Lisa DuFault at (603) 374-6241.