PINKHAM NOTCH NH – Burgeon Outdoor Presents The Northeast’s Toughest Single Day Winter Adventure Race
Individuals and relay teams of two to five people compete to see who will be the fastest to cover a rugged backcountry course traversing Mount Washington’s eastern flank from Great Glen Trails to Tuckerman Ravine. Proceeds benefit the Mount Washington Avalanche Center.
BARTLETT NH – The Red Parka Pub Challenge is held on the third Friday in March every year at Attitash Mountain Resort, located in Bartlett, New Hampshire. Limited to 175 racers. Entry fee $70 includes lift ticket, Challenge Cup hat, buffet featuring our signature pub favorites & discount beers.
- All registered racers get a full day lift ticket to Attitash and guaranteed two runs on the race course. Additionally, registered racers will receive a race hat and be eligible to win raffles. This is an age 21+ race.
- There will be an Awards Party in Ptarmigan’s Pub after the race. Unfortunately, we will not be able to offer the Racer’s Buffet this year. Ptarmigan’s will have full food service available.
- Registration closes at 11:59 PM on Wednesday, March 15. There will be a Bib Draw at 6 p.m. on Thursday, March 16 at the Red Parka Pub. The race fee is $100 to sign up on the day of.
- All proceeds from the race benefit the Eastern Slope Ski Club. There are no entry refunds.
- All racers must pick up their bib and sign an Attitash Waiver prior to the race. Registration is open 7:30am-8:30am.
- All registered racers can opt-in for the PledgeReg, which allows you to set up a personal fundraising page for ESSC.
- The two highest fundraisers at the close of registration on Wednesday, March 15 will be awarded Bib #1 & Bib #2 for Race Day.
- The #1 fundraiser will also be receive recognition and a prize at the outdoor awards ceremony after the race.
- A racer who raises over $500 will have their race fee waived.
- We will have a 50/50 raffle at the Bib Draw and raffles at the Awards Ceremony.
- Absolutely no alcohol is permitted on the race hill or at the bump. Alcohol is available to purchase at Ptarmigan’s Pub or the Cantina on the deck of the Attitash Lodge.
- M- Men – Top 32 will have run offs in finals – A & B Divisions
- W- Women **The Women’s Finals will be based strictly on the top 8 Women’s Qualifying times. Women will run against Women**
- MV- Vets 40-49 who have raced 3 times – Top 8 will have run off in finals
- ML- Men Local – mailing address in Mt Washington Valley (includes Fryeburg) top 8 will have runoff in finals
- Super Vets 50-59 who have raced 3 times – Top 2 will have run off in finals
- MVL- Men Vet 40-49 Local – prizes for top 3
- MVL50- Men Vet 50-59 Local – Prizes for top 3
- MVL60- Men Vet 60-69 Local – Prizes for top 3
- MV50- Men Vets 50-59 – Prizes for top 3
- MV60- Men Vets 60-69 – Prizes for top 3
- MV70- Men Vets 70+
NORTH CONWAY NH – Celebrate the 26th Hannes Schneider Meister Cup Race, honoring the life of the renowned Austrian skimeister whose pioneering ski teaching brought excitement and prosperity to North Conway and St. Anton, Austria and the world of skiing at large.
Hannes Schneider was a mountain soldier on the alpine front in World War I, and his son Herbert and several of his instructors served in the 10th Mountain division in World War II. The race pays tribute to several generations of America’s mountain troops, and features the color guard and mountain instructors of the Army Mountain Warfare School of Jericho, Vermont.
The Meister Cup is more than a race—it is a spectator event with an Opening Ceremony with Color Guard, vintage ski fashion show, awards ceremony, the music of the Bavarian Brothers Band and a Sunday morning screening of an award-winning ski history documentary film. Race it or watch it, the Meister Cup has something for everyone.
If you can turn around a few gates on intermediate terrain on alpine or telemark skis or a snowboard, you are invited to participate in the race…and win! The fastest male and female finishers in ten age classes take home unique awards, as do the fastest telemark, snowboard, and junior racers. Teams of five racers compete for the Meister Cup Trophy, with winners’ names engraved on the award which is on display in the New England Ski Museum.
Competition is intense at the highest level, but for most racers the event is a simple fun run down a gentle racecourse on a day of slopeside pageantry and social events. Past racers have ranged in age from 4 to 95.
The Carroll Reed Cup, awarded to the fastest team made up of racers from the ski resort industry, honors the ski business pioneer whose early Eastern Slope Ski School provided the basis for Hannes Schneider’s arrival in 1939.
Apart from the ski race, the Hannes Schneider Meister Cup features a full slate of weekend social activities including a welcome reception and buffet, the opening ceremony, a silent auction, the popular vintage skiwear show, the awards ceremony, and a ski history presentation. Whether you race it or watch it, the Meister Cup has something for everyone.
There are many ways to be involved! As a racer, spectator, patron, or sponsor. Please see below for more information about these!
HSMC Sponsor Flyer
Racer entry form (mail, email, or call in): HSMC 2023 Racer Entry Form
HSMC online patron donation link: https://www.newenglandskimuseum.com/patron-of-the-2023-hannes-schneider-meister-cup/
More information to come as well with a detailed schedule of the full weekend festivities!